Here are a few options on how to travel to Rhodes island in Greece:
- By plane: The main airport on Rhodes is Rhodes International Airport "Diagoras", which is located about 14 km from the city of Rhodes. There are several airlines that offer direct flights to Rhodes from various cities in Europe, as well as from other destinations in Greece.
- By ferry: If you prefer to travel by sea, you can take a ferry from various ports in Greece to Rhodes. There are also ferries that operate between Rhodes and other nearby islands, as well as from Turkey and Cyprus.
- By car: If you prefer to drive, you can take a car ferry from various ports in Greece to Rhodes. You can drive to Greece from literally any European country. This is a good option if you plan to explore the island by car and want to stay for a long time so renting a car may be too expensive.
Once you arrive on the island, you can get around in a number of ways:
- Public transportation. On Rhodes only buses are available.
- You can rent a car or a scooter.
- There are also several guided tours and excursions available if you want to explore the island and learn more about its history and culture.
Travel to Rhodes by sea
There are 3 operational ports in Rhodes in Rhodes City, one in the west coast near Kamiros and one in the east coast near Lardos.
- Rhodes Central Port: located in the city of Rhodes, it serves exclusively international traffic, consisting of scheduled services to/from Turkey, cruise ships and yachts. Since the summer of 2012, the port is also a homeport for Costa Cruises during the summer period.
- Mandraki Port: the oldest port of the island, in the center of Rhodes city. Many cruise boats begin their daily trips to the island of Symi or to the southern east coast until Lindos.
- Akandia Port: the new port of the island, south and next to the central port, being built since the 1960s, for domestic, cargo and general purpose traffic. Since 2017 summer a passenger terminal is finally in use hosting a cafe and waiting lounges.
Ferry companies offering routes to & from Rhodes
- Blue Star Ferries - www.bluestarferries.com
- Dodekanisos Seaways - www.12ne.gr
- Saos Ferries www.saos.gr / www.kydontours.gr
Travel to Rhodes by AirRhodes airport (Diagoras Airport) is the main entrance/exit point for both locals and tourists. The island is well connected with other major Greek cities and islands as well as with major European capitals and cities via charter flights. Rhodes International Airport “Diagoras” is located 14 km (9 mi) southwest of the City, is the third in international passenger volume in Greece and fourth in total passenger volume.
Some airlines offering routes to Rhodes *
- Olympic Air - https://www.olympicair.com/
- Aegean Airlines - https://www.aegeanair.com/
- Sky Express - https://www.skyexpress.gr/
- EasyJet - https://www.easyjet.com/
- RyanAir - https://www.ryanair.com/
- Lufthansa - https://www.lufthansa.com/
- Eurowings - https://www.eurowings.com/
- Brussels Airlines - https://www.brusselsairlines.com/
- Air France - https://wwws.airfrance.fr
- KLM - https://www.klm.com/
- Austrian Airlines - https://www.austrian.com/
- Smartwings - https://www.smartwings.com/
- LOT - https://www.lot.com/
- FinnAir - https://www.finnair.com/
- SAS - https://www.flysas.com/
This is not a complete list of airlines traveling to Rhodes island. There are many more airlines offering routes to Rhodes. You can also use a flight finder service for your convenience. Here are some suggestions:
- Booking.com Flights - https://www.booking.com/flights/
- Google Flights - https://www.google.com/travel/flights
- Sky Scanner - https://www.skyscanner.net/
- Kayak - https://www.kayak.com/flights
Major Travel Agencies
Alternatively, if you prefer not to organize the trip yourself, you can choose to use a Travel Agency to arrange the trip for you. Some major Travel Agencies that offer trips to Rhodes include:
- TUI Group - https://www.tui.com/
- DerTour (Germany) - https://www.dertour-reisebuero.de/
- AllTours (Germany) - https://www.alltours-reisecenter.de/
- ITS (Germany) - https://www.its.de/
- Jet2Holidays (United Kingdom) - https://www.jet2holidays.com